Position Description - Parts
Sells parts and parts related products in repair facility or parts store by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ascertains make, year, and type of part needed, inspects worn, damaged, or defective part to determine replacement required, or advises customer of part needed according to description of malfunction.
- Discusses use and features of various parts.
- Reads Electronic catalog, Books or computer for replacement part stock number and price.
- Fills customer orders from stock.
- Prepares sales slip or sales contract.
- Receives payment or obtains credit authorization.
- Advises customer on substitution or modification of part when replacement is not available.
- Examines returned part to determine if defective, and exchanges part or refunds money.
- Marks and stores parts in stockroom according to prearranged system.
- Receives and fills telephone orders for parts.
- Maintain Quote file for weekly review of outstanding quotes
- Takes inventory of stock.
- Deliver Parts once a week to help cross train other employees
- Remove all A/C parts from other building and arrange in back of parts room(engine rebuild area)
- Remove/Clean front counter area and customer pick up area
- Organize and stage current A/C inventory room
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.