2016 Thermo King TriPac™ Evolution APU System
Call for Price
TriPac™ Evolution APU System
- Provides sleeper and cab cooling/heating, battery charging with automatic voltage sensing and has auto start/stop for maximum fuel efficiency.
- 2-cylinder, Tier IV final-compliant diesel engine
- 13,000 BTU air conditioning system including compressor, evaporator, controller (system charged with R-134a at Thermo King dealership during installation)
- 7,500 BTU fuel-powered heater
- Single HVAC controller
- 65-amp alternator
- Thermo King DPF-compatible
- Driver Convenience Package (073035): Includes 1,800 watt inverter and two GFI receptacles. 120 amp alternator provides quicker battery charging under heavy accessory loads. Ideal for supersized sleepers and drivers with heavy appliance usage during rest periods.
- Stand-By Truck Integration (073015): Provides seamless activation of the TriPac Evolution control system based on tractor engine off/on indication.
- Stand-By Truck Integration with Dash-Mounted Selector Switch (073016): Provides the driver the ability to place the TriPac Evolution in a non-start mode (used during tractor fueling, service situations or when exiting the tractor) from the driver’s seat.
- Dual Remote Hour Meter (005029): Provides separate heater and TriPac Evolution engine time tracking for accurate and effective preventive maintenance. Allows technician to access and record hours of operation without entering tractor cab.
- Remote Engine Hour Meter (073022): Provides engine time tracking for accurate and effective preventive maintenance.
- Closed Loop Cooling (073026): Lets the TriPac Evolution run independently of tractor coolant and allows “limp home” capability in case of tractor alternator failure.
- High Output Heater (005018): With 13,600 BTUs of heat, this heater will keep you warm on the coldest of nights. With only slightly higher fuel consumption than the standard heater, this option is popular with drivers operating in the northern United States and in Canada.
- Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) (073027): Certified CARB-compliant for operation in the state of California. Standard mount.
- High Output Alternator (073023): 120 amp power for quicker battery charging.
- Arctic Package (073025): Monitors tractor engine coolant temperature and automatically starts the TriPac Evolution to heat the shared engine coolant. Reduces cold weather starting issues for the tractor even after extended periods of no operation in cold temperatures.
- Appearance Package (073036): The diamond plate top cover dresses up any rig, moving or standing still.
- Brushed Stainless Steel Condenser Cover (005011): Adds additional corrosion protection as well as that finishing touch.
- Exhaust Tube Extension (073030): Extension for new short tube exhaust pipe.
- Flush Mount Kits (See dealer for ordering information): Special mounting kit which keeps the top of the unit flush with the top of the tractor frame rail.
New, Configurable, Easy-to-Use In-Cab Controller
- Data Logger: With 22 alarm codes for improved diagnostics and maintenance cost savings.
- Advanced Range of Programmable Features: Optimize performance and driver comfort for your business needs.
- Simple HMI: Easy-to-use HMI reduces the need for driver training.
- Programmable Temperature Range: Choose a custom-configured temperature range for your system.
- Flash Loadable: Both controller and HMI are flash-loadable to allow for future upgrades without new hardware.
- Description: The TriPac Evolution provides truck engine preheating, battery charging, truck cab sleeper compartment climate control and electric power.
- Engine: Thermo King Tier IV final-compliant 2-cylinder diesel engine
- Evaporator Airflow: 250 ft3/min
- Alternator: 14.5V, 65 amp; 14.5V, 120 amp (optional)
- Refrigerant HFC R-134a
- Compressor: Thermo King TM-15 Air Conditioning Compressor
- Air Conditioning Capacity: 13,000 BTU/hr; 3,810 Watts
- Controls: The TriPac HMI (Human Machine Interface) Controller features a simple three-knob design for easy operation.
- Heating Capacity: 7,500 BTU/hr; 2,200 Watts (Optional: 13,600 BTU/hr; 3,986 Watts)
- System Weight (approx.): APU Unit: 345 lbs (156 kg); HVAC System: 70 lbs (32 kg)
- Warranty Summary: Terms of the Thermo King Limited Express Warranty are available upon request.
- Extended Warranty: Several Extended Warranty options are available for your TriPac system. Choose a flexible program and select the warranty period, deductible and hours of operation that best meet your needs. Ask your local Thermo King dealer about nationwide coverage plans.
- Cooling Capacity
- 13,000 BTU/hr (2,810 Watts)
- Heating Capacity
- Standard: 7,500 BTU/hr (2,200 Watts); Optional: 13,600 BTU/hr (3,986 Watts)
- Airflow Volume
- 250 ft3/min
- Engine Type
- Tier IV final compliant 2-cylinder diesel engine
- Engine Model
- Thermo King
- Maintenance Interval
- 2000 hours
- 345 lb. (156 kg)
- 26.9 in. x 25.8 in. x 23.6 in.